This map is best played with n players
Reference thread: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=592&pid=8057
This is a feature request about a brief notice under the map name (i.e. map best played with <5 players) when voting for maps to allow a more informed choice to be made.Necessary implementation needed for future use:
- include a way for the map developers to specify the "range of playability" for every supported gametype in the .pk3
- older maps integration: allow a server to specify/override these vars with some other cvars to be loaded by a common .cfg, to allow server admins to port older maps to this system
- edit the wiki about map-making to include the required information in the map packages.
- A brief notice "map best played with <5 players" under every map name when choosing the next one to play.
- Same as above, but depending on the number of players on the server the maps too big or too small are marked in red (still votable though).
- In single player mode the same notice is shown.
- [so-and-so]: include a way for the server to adapt the map selection based on the range and the number of connected users
- What if there is still one map with no numbers? A warning when the server is started and the map shows no notice?
#2 Updated by Samual about 3 years ago
- Category changed from Gameplay to HUD
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to Later
Such a thing could definitely be done, actually... but perhaps not with mapinfo, but just simply by detecting the size of the map? (Though, how would the game -- especially the HUD -- know this information yet without loading the map?) Well, who knows.. but some implementation could be done most likely.
Either way, this is something to be examined later for sure.