Object of the Game¶
Deathmatch is one of the most popular classic gamemodes in Xonotic (and also the easiest). It is a simple free-for-all fight to the death where everyone plays versus everyone. There are no teams or alliances, each player is on his/her own and one must fight for their own survival.
- Each kill you make (known in-game as a frag) awards you 1 point.
- You will lose 1 point if you suicide (e.g. fall off the map into space, sink into lava, or kill yourself with a weapon).
- The first player to score 30 points wins the match.
- Weapons - These can be picked up from various places around the map or from a downed player.
- Ammo - These may be found in the form of shells, bullets, rockets, jet fuel, or power cells.
- Powerups - All maps have "Health" and "Armor" powerups, which extend your lifetime. Some maps may contain powerups like “Strength” or “Shield” (which usually spawn every 2 minutes).
Helpful Hints and Tips¶
- Always keep moving. This can be especially true for smaller maps and/or very crowded matches. If you stay in one place for too long, you risk becoming an easy target.
- If your map contains powerups such as the ones mentioned above, make good use of them. They can be useful tools to win a match!
- Keep your suicides at a minimum. Your point counter can enter into the negatives, so always avoid self-injury.
- If a player is approaching you fast and there are "Mega Health" or "Mega Armor" powerups nearby, grab them first! This can deprive the opponent of a chance to heal himself once shot.
List of Demos and Videos¶
- Demo: <Insert Demo or Video Here>
- Players: <Insert Player Names Here>
- Key Points: <Insert key points in match here>