Team Deathmatch (TDM)¶
Object of the Game¶
The gameplay of Team Deathmatch (TDM) is very similar to Deathmatch (DM)
, but the players are divided into two teams (Red and Blue) and are pitted against each other. Here, teammates may need to communicate with one another to ensure victory.
- Each kill you make (known in-game as a frag) awards your player 1 point.
- You will lose 1 point if you suicide (e.g. fall off the map into space, sink into lava, or kill yourself with a weapon).
- You will lose 1 point should you frag a teammate, otherwise known as Friendly Fire (NOTE: Only if the match has FF enabled).
- The team that collectively scores 50 points first wins the match.
- Weapons - These can be picked up from various places around the map or from a downed player.
- Ammo - These may be found in the form of shells, bullets, rockets, jet fuel, or power cells.
- Powerups - All maps have "Health" and "Armor" powerups, which extend your lifetime. Some maps may contain powerups like “Strength” or “Shield” (which usually spawn every 2 minutes).
Helpful Hints and Tips¶
- Always keep moving. This can be especially true for smaller maps and/or very crowded matches. If you stay in one place for too long, you risk becoming an easy target.
- If your map contains powerups such as the ones mentioned above, make good use of them. They can be useful tools to win a match!
- Keep your suicides at a minimum. Your point counter can enter into the negatives, so always avoid self-injury.
- Using team binds like “Enemy seen” are useful here and can be used to alert teammates of an enemy presence.
List of Demos and Videos¶
- Demo: <Insert Demo or Video Here>
- Players: <Insert Player Names Here>
- Key Points: <Insert key points in match here>